We as Otak monitor your site—or portfolio of sites—daily to ensure that the system is performing to specifications. Our analysts also monitor for accelerated photovoltaic device and system degradation over time.
Our solar PV systems are designed to provide 30 years of continuous operation, based on predicted return on investment. Thirty years is a long time, however, and you should expect some unexpected maintenance demands due to events such as severe weather, premature component failure, grid fluctuation, and rodent intrusion. Because every project and owner has its own unique needs, we optimize an asset management plan for each client.
Otak has been performing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on commercial and utility-scale solar photovoltaic systems across the United States since 2003. Because every project and owner has its own unique needs, we optimize an asset management plan for each client.
Commissioning is a comprehensive verification process which helps ensure an installed project aligns to its engineering plans and energy predictions. Commissioning can be performed prior to commercial operation and at many stages during the long-term operations of the project. We recommended all or portions of our commissioning process at regular intervals to ensure optimal system integrity for the solar energy facility’s lifespan.
Our PV system commissioning check-list and performance testing serve as an empirical benchmark for future diagnostics. The level of rigor behind our system audits and inspections is unparalleled. Because we are an engineering (link to Design page) and construction (link to Build page) company first, we inspect the system from an engineer’s and contractor’s perspective. Our solar commissioning services are recognized and appreciated by financing institutions, Independent Power Producers, and utility companies.
Our commercial and utility scale PV system commissioning activities include:
- Complete record drawing plan review
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) inspections
- Site easement and roadway inspections
- Current and Voltage (IV) curve tracing of all solar array strings
- Open circuit and short circuit string testing
- Torque checks on electrical connections and hardware
- Thermal image scans
- Visual inspection for proper installation, weathering and workmanship
- Conductor integrity and identification
- Inverter performance verification
- Tracking system performance and calibration verification
- Meter calibration and inspections
- Full system performance testing
- Warranty and performance guarantee reviews
- Meteorological system testing, calibration and performance validation
- Performance guarantee validation and long-term system testing
We have an extensive track record developing successful, utility-scale solar farms.
Our staff of construction managers, financial analysts, solar designers, and licensed civil and electrical solar engineers works seamlessly to deliver solar at many different types of sites.
From the initial feasibility assessment to full installation and long-term project management, Otak stays on the project from beginning to end, for a uniquely integrated experience. Solar electrical systems may be installed comfortably on rooftops, in car parking lots, and open land to accomplish the same end goal at many different sites. And that end goal is: sustainable energy production.